Wednesday 20 January 2010

Concentration Camp

"You are an inmate in a concentration camp. A sadistic guard is about to hang your son who tried to escape and wants you to pull the chair from underneath him. He says that if you don't he will not only kill your son but some other innocent inmate as well. You don't have any doubt that he means what he says. What should you do?"

Ouch. Well my first tought was that I would never be able to kill my own son and I would rather see someone - innocent, but not that important to me - die.

Then I started to think about it again. What is the value of living in a concetration camp? If I would pull the chair, then I would feel ashamed and hate myself. But if I woudn't then I would feel even worse beacuse I took a life from an innocent person.

To overcome my sorrow I would try to think about that I saved a innocent life and that my son doesn't have to live and suffer in a concentration camp anymore.
So my answer is: I would do it, I would pull the chair. I would feel terrible, but less terrible then if i woudn't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment