Thursday 21 January 2010

Q

"Your best friend is getting married in an hours time. You discover their partner has been having an affair and have concrete evidence to prove their guilt. Do you tell your friend and ruin their big day?"

Well I think that my action would depend on my friend and her/his partner. If my friend is "kind of OK" with the thought that her/his partner might be unfaithful but she/he doesn't want to know anything about it, then I wouldn't say anything about it.

I would instead go and talk to her/his partner and promise him that if he/she will ever hurt my friend then I would hunt him(or her) down.

And if my friend later finds out about the afair and that I knew about it, I would feel better not telling her then ruin her happiest day.

If I would know that she is REALLY against sexual nonmonogamy then I would tell her.

My friend would blade me for whatever I would do, either for ruining her day or for not telling her.

3 comments:

  1. What about anonymously leaving the evidence for the friend to 'find'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will answer that question when I'm done with my essay ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is a good option but i would talk to the partner first to see his reaction and then I would "leave" it on my friends table.
    Then my friend would most likely found out that it was me, but it would be easier to show her truth then telling her.

    I think that I would do what would feel most apropriate at the moment and I think that this depends very much on my friend and her oppinions.

    ReplyDelete